Sunday, February 22, 2009

Goodreads

I seem to do everything in streaks. A knitting binge, or a cooking extravaganza, or a book fixation. Then I taper off and ignore for a while, and do something else to the exclusion of all else.

Lately I've been into the recipes of my youth, and am actually sort of thinking about a cookbook of my mother's bar cookie recipes. They are "to die for," if you like that kind of food. Stay tuned for free samples.

Meanwhile, I was looking up the book babes, after reading the article in the Oregonian this morning. One thing led to another, and I was reminded of Calvin Trillin. His book about the death of his wife was one of the finest books I've ever read. It can be read in one sitting, and I highly recommend it!

I added it to my goodreads list this morning.

About Alice About Alice by Calvin Trillin


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
One of my favorite books - a beautiful love story. I've shared this book so many times that I've lost it. (I think Chrissy had it last)


View all my reviews.

No comments: