Monday, January 15, 2007

Roots



Remember Tremors? The 1990 Movie with the big wormy things that chased Kevin Bacon & Fred Ward around the Nevada desert?

I hate to admit it, but at my home inspection today, the inspector found a big root had worked its way under the foundation and it wormed its way into the crawlspace. I could think of nothing other than Tremors! I haven't mentioned the similarities to D. yet, but I'm sure once we figure out how to deal with the root, he'll share the joke with me.

It's still pretty cold here, and I'm sad to hear of the enormous damage done to the citrus and fruit crops in California. Gosh, I hope the vinyards are OK!

I have to share a new recipe. Yesterday I decided to use the brown bananas in the fruit bowl rather than throw them away. I knew there had to be a good recipe out there for a low-fat banana bread, and I found a sugarfree one as well. We're enjoying the bread very much and I hope you do too.

Low Fat-Sugar Free Banana Bread

16 servings (one Weight Watcher point per serving)

2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cut unsweetened applesauce
1 Cup Splenda Sugar Substitute (I used Splenda Brown Sugar)
2 eggs
1 Cup mashed bananas (I used about 2.5 bananas)
2 tablespoons skim milk or orange juice

Grease loaf pan
Mix all ingredients
Bake in a 350 degree oven 45 minutes
Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out cleanStore at room temperature up to 3 days or in refrigerator up to one week.

Claire went back to Arizona today. She has two really exciting job interviews coming up and we're so anxious to see what happens. We know she'll chose something wonderful and they'll be lucky to have her! (I'm voting for the job that involves trips to Paris and Australia!)

I wish she were here to watch the Golden Globes with me. We always enjoy critiquing the dresses.... I'll have to mention my favorites tomorrow. I am thrilled by Jennifer Hudson's win.

I met a great organizer today. In spite of the fact that I'm not exactly neat, I know where everything is. But I know a few people who could use her talents. I cleaned my closet yesterday and I'm going to have fun dressing now that I've uncovered a bunch of hidden gems. And I have several large bags to donate.

I bought valentines today!

No comments: