Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzz


























Life has been a little bit dull lately.

Work is odd - there's a lot to do, and I'm out and about doing it for many hours per week, yet there's little in the way of results, at the moment.



I'm reading The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian (author of Midwives) and it's just so-so.



Food is also a big bore, since we're avoiding all sugar and white flour for 6 weeks. Boring!

Partying? Nope. Not for a while.



The Ducks? Had a bye.


The weather? Rain.

The puppy? Doesn't want to go outside in the rain. It's going to be a long winter.

(reminds me of a terrible old joke: Did you hear about the guy who had a dog with no legs? Its name was cigarette. Every morning the guy took him out for a drag.) That'll be my winter.



The light at the end of the tunnel of boredom is our trip to Phoenix this weekend. And my subsequent trip to Palm Springs, which should invigorate my professional life, and give me a chance to relax.



Not that I'm not just about dozing off here as it is.



No comments: